Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Weekend at Seabrook - Part 1


Hello, Dear Friends. 

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart
for your sweet condolences and kind thoughts
on the loss of Ramblin' Man's Father. 

We were driving home from a weekend spent
at the Pacific Coast, here in Washington State,
when the call came in to inform us of the sad news. 

My dear family had planned this weekend
to celebrate my 60th birthday; 
 renting a beach cottage at one my favorite 
places..........Seabrook, Washington. 

So come along with me and we will reminisce
about a special weekend at this beautiful place. 



Seabrook is a new beach community of 
lovely cottages that remind me of 
wonderful summer days spent on Cape Cod, 
close to where I grew up in Massachusetts. 


Now, here I am, 3000 miles away from those 
childhood days, on the opposite coast, 
making new memories with my 
children as they start their own families. 


As we arrive at our shingled cottage,
I think of my Father's maternal ancestors 
who arrived at Plymouth, Massachusetts
in the 16th century, never imagining
what was in store, but hoping for a better life. 



I thank my ancestors who risked their lives
to seek freedom in this new land.

I think of all those who still risk their lives 
seeking freedom around the world,
 and how precious that word is.....
Freedom. 


Here I am, feeling grateful for so many things.....

Most of all my wonderful family 
who gave me this gift of time
spent together.



Let's step inside the gate....



Every cottage has a name.

I love this one - 'Message in a Bottle'.


As we all get settled, a happy moment
is shared with Grandson, Baby Ethan,
held by Auntie Heather, with new Mom, Erica.



Already 6 months old, this sweet little
bundle has brought such joy to
our family.
Here he gives us precious smiles
in the arms of Auntie Jennie and Uncle Eric.


Everyone wants to snuggle, including
Auntie Jen.

That's what happens when you have
 such kissable cheeks!


Ramblin' Man gets his turn, too.

This little guy even got to meet
his Great Grandpa just two weeks
before he passed away.

The first Great Grandson to carry on the family name.


Playing with Dad, Gabe, and Uncle Dustin.


While the baby gets passed around :)
 Daughter Jennie helps prepare the celebratory meal.

It's so nice to be kicked out of the kitchen for a change!


Son-in-law, Eric prepares his special sauce, while
Ramblin' Man takes a taste.



Daughter Heather decorates for the party
while I freshen up. 


Special photos to commemorate my life. 


A sweet surprise.



The table is set....




The meal is served.....


A toast to 60 wonderful years! 


Making a wish....

It was a wonderful birthday. 
The best one ever. 

I have so much to be thankful for. 
I am truly blessed. 

I couldn't wish for more. 

xoxo


Next time....we tour the cottage! 
I hope you will join me! 

xoxo


'To be kind to all, to like many and love a few,
to be needed and wanted by those we love,
is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.'

- Mary Roberts Rinehart, writer -

xoxo

31 comments:

  1. Karen, what a fabulous way to celebrate a new decade. Your family obviously loves you dearly to plan such a fun celebration. :)) And to have a new grand there to celebrate along is fabulous. Love the photo of you with your cake. It's really great. It's so much fun to make wonderful memories with our family. Thanks for sharing with us. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely party your family provided for you! I can tell they love you much! It is never easy to lose someone we love. I trust as the days go by your hearts will be comforted. Many blessings to you this week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, what a lovely birthday getaway celebration. The cottage looks wonderful and your family is beautiful. Wonderful series of photos. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time and happy birthday.
    The houses are wonderful.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. What a wonderful celebration at the beach with all your family...I know many memories were made that you will treasure forever....Your grandson is one cute little fellow and so happy. Babies make everything more special...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful post celebrating, love, happiness, freedom, life, special birthdays and family! How sad to receive the news of your father's-in-law passing after such a happy time spent with your family. Aah....the seasons of life.....sad times....happy times. 'Tis a lovely photo of you standing in front of that glorious cottage....how lovely you look! A wonderful celebration you have enjoyed, surrounded by the love of your family....you are blessed indeed! Sending you an armful of warm hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, you deserve the very best! You have created a bond in this family that is so loving, compassionate, selfless, creative and happy! We love you so much! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous home and love all the family pictures! Lots of happiness there! What a blessing :-) Happy birthday to you and many, many more!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Karen! What a wonderful gift to spend that time with your family. That grandson of yours is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, dear Karen. The best gift of all........to be surrounded with all your family on this special day.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear friend Karen,
    Happy Birthday to you, I send all mybe st wishes for you!
    Glad,you ahd such a wonderful time with all of your family and so much love arround you!
    Thank you for shating wonderful pictures!
    Happy week to you,
    Love, hugs and blessings, Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Karen,
    Wow, that was a HUGE blessing that you had already celebrated your special 60th birthday before the sad news. Heaven knows best at times.
    You look so happy and how special for being with three generations for the first time.
    Yes, we lose our parents but the next generation gives so much joy, as to soften the grief.
    So happy for you to have found such lovely place.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate and you deserve it. Wishing you many more happy days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful time with family. They are very handsome. These are days to remember
    always. Sorry about your loss. Happy Thanksgiving. I am going to my Daughters. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful celebration. Your little grandson is so darn cute! I just found out that I will be a first time grandmother in June!! Seabrook does look a bit like the Cape! I live on the northshore of Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday and what great memories you have created here in this post, such a happy familyxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a special spot to celebrate your 60th birthday, Karen, surrounded by those you love. What could be better than that?! Happy Birthday blessings, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful birthday....and a great time was had by all! Baby is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very Happy Birthday , what a beautiful place to celebrate your special day and to have your kids and grandbaby around too, such a special treat!! I am glad you were able to get away and enjoy a great weekend before getting the sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely place! It is nice to escape. My hubby and I used to do it often before he became ill and then died. It will be 3 years Nov. 10th. I cannot afford those escape now, but have driven to the Oregon coast for day trips. Cherish each loved one!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a loving and wonderful birthday celebration. It most definitely looks like a great time was had by all of you.What a sweet little grand too, getting all kinds of loving from this family.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  23. You were celebrated in grand style at that beautiful cottage. What a fun time you all had. I can't wait to see more of the cottage (which looks so lovely) and hear of your trip. Happy 60th to you! Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday, looks like a great celebration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an absolutely perfect birthday!! Such a beautiful place too. Great food, family time and gifts to celebrate you. Doesn't get better than that. ;)

    Biggest, bestest,sweetest, most beautiful wishes sent to you for your birthday Dear Lady. May this year bring you good health and much happiness. Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy, Happy 60th, Karen. I love being in my 60s...and find it has been a great time of life for me. That baby boy is so darned cute you could just eat him up! (don't-it is illegal in ALL states). That place reminds me so much of the East coast- Maine,etc. Wow. What a great place to get away and celebrate.

    Your pictures are all wonderful and you look just radiant! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  27. So thrilled for you .. what a awesome never forgetting gift for your 60th B-day!! I would love to take a trip there too.. Glad to know you because to me you are Awesome and beautiful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Karen, a belated happy birthday! I have fallen behind in reading my favorite blogs. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Ramblin' Man's father. May God fill your hearts with sweet memories and comfort.

    Your weekend looks fabulous! I am excited to read Part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  29. SO great to celebrate with everybody including baby Ethan. The house looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved sharing your birthday adventure, and Seabrook does look amazing. You are so right that this looks very CAPE COD. I have spent a lot of time in New england and it so reminds me of places there. What a charming place. How interesting that your ancestors ( and you) came from that part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy (belated) Birthday Karen!! What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday surrounded by your beautiful family :) What a joyful bundle of baby that Ethan is! The cottage and village look amazing ... such a picturesque spot for your special weekend. Take care,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...