Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Northwest Flower and Garden Show - Part 11


As we continue on our tour of the Garden Show, 
we come upon this unique garden display. 


An outdoor living room! 

Let's take a closer look......


A simple hearth and lounger makes things cozy 
on cool evenings. 

Landscape paintings, chandelier, and floor lamp
bring the indoors out. 


I love the little bulldog! 


The lounger appears to  fold up in the 'off season', 
although with the fireplace and tin roof
panels, this could be used nearly year round. 

Recycled materials were used throughout 
all of the displays. 

The white porch post at the corner of the lounger
and the rusty tin roof panels are two examples.  


The berm around the perimeter was created 
with old logs, large rocks, and recycled
concrete pieces. 

We asked one of the creators of the displays
if the rocks used in the exhibits were real. 

'Oh yes', he said. He told us that they had 
3 days to set up and that cranes, large trucks, 
and other heavy equipment were rolled right in! 


This funky well feature was off to the side. 
I love the white birch, white tulips, 
and pale hellebore together. 


Here you can see the recycled tin roof. 

This structure would be very simple
 and inexpensive to construct. 


Perhaps built onto the side of a shed or garage....


A path of loosely arranged brick pavers
leads to a potting area on the side. 

Bright green moss, hellebore, and dwarf evergreens
make up the plantings here. 
An old stump with mushrooms anchors the corner. 


More dwarf evergreens and white tulips border the path
leading up to the potting area. 


A tiny herb and salad garden. 


A rustic potting bench. 


An interesting construction technique! 


A very inexpensive garden structure. 


A weathered eating area on the other side. 
I love the watering can <3 


I hope you enjoyed this rustic outdoor 'Living Room'
as much as I did, Dear Friends. 

Next time we will explore a 'Steampunk' Garden, 
and a 'Recycled' Garden. 

I hope you will join me!

Today I am linking with; The Enchanting Rose - Roses of Inspiration


xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Dearest Karen,
    Oh, if there would be photos available from the set up over those 3 days that would be even more incredible; what a mega task they completed!
    Hope this garden show has been successful for those over 300 exhibitors in many ways. Always great for picking up ideas and I love the 'Back to Basics' rustic look!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. love karen, what a great garden !!! I love the wall with the stones and in general I like a rock garden !!! a nice evening angie wants and thank you for your visit !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great display. What fun to have been able to walk around in all of this creative beauty. Lots of ideas to take home and DIY.

    Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "living room" is just FANTASTIC. I wish I could move in and live there just for the length of the exhibit. lol I LOVE it. Oh - to be able to recreate just a portion of that would be heaven. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, yes we are all thinking about spring! This looks to be a wonderful garden show. I have been enjoying just popping into the garden center. Funny how we live so far apart but are both having an early spring. February is usually the nastiest month around here. So sweet to have a visit from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that really would be a cool place to hang out on a summers evening wouldn't it!! It is great that they used so many recycled things too that will inspire others. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love garden shows. So enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Karen,
    thank you again for those wonderful impressions from thie Garden Show! It must have been great!
    The Displays are georgeous! They invide, to sit down and just enjoy all the colours and plants ....
    Wishing you a happy and winderful weekend,
    sending Love and hugs and blessings, my dear friend,
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Beatrice
    Wonderful and very lovely reportage.
    Nice and rustic impressions...

    Hugs
    JetteMajken

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful garden show!!!!
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this too - the idea of an outdoor living room is a dream. I look forward to more photos of the show - so appreciative of your posting about it! It somehow makes up for not being there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be so much fun to have an outdoor area like the one you showed us :) I think I would be out there all day every day if I has something like that...

    Seeing your photos makes me want to find a garden show around here - I never realized how beautiful and unique they are.

    Thank you so much for sharing at ROI. Happy weekend, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to the home and garden show today in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a visual feast of goodies! This makes me want to sit out on my deck with my cup of iced tea and take in nature's gifts. That well with the birch tree and tulips could be right in my back yard. ;)

    My dream is one day to have a nice built in stone BBQ and fireplace to have even more "outdoor living" like in your photos. Aahhh - it's so nice that dreaming is free (as the rest of it sure isn't!).

    Happy weekend and thanks for sharing Karen! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a gorgeous outdoor living area.. I love it! Great shots from the garden show! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting place lots of good ideas.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice, I would love a yard like that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the stone bench in the first post...and the stone well in this one. The rustic potting shed is great. Not so crazy about the outdoor "living room"....I like a more rustic, nature-inspired look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...