Sunday, November 18, 2012

Candle Jars


 
 
To brighten up my entryway for Thanksgiving guests, I created these easy candle jars to illuminate the way.
 
 
 
Simply fill glass canning jars halfway with sand or kitty litter. Sink a candle to the bottom of the jar. Wrap the jar with with jute or raffia and tie leaves, harvest corn and other fall ornaments onto the outside.
 
Be sure to keep decorations away from flame.
 
Set among colorful gourds and these candle jars will create a lovely still life at dusk.
 
 
 
xx



9 comments:

  1. Dearest Karen,
    Those look lovely and indeed, keep dry material away from flame and also considering that the wind plays a role.
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice series. I love this cozy winter season! :-)

    Greetings from The Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen,
    Such a lovely tableau. How many are you expecting for Thanksgiving? We are going to the New Jersey shore for Thanksgiving dinner, then to the west of NJ for the rest of the w/e and another big dinner on Saturday. I think I should do bread and water only today, tomorrow, and Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple to make, yet having a big decorating impact and setting a lovely autumn mood for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some mason jars that used to contain jelly, and I was wondering what to do with them. Now I know! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, welcoming entryway, Karen! Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice jars. I have a few of the old ones myself. I use them in my kitchen for tea. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving! We did with family here and much food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...