Thursday, April 26, 2012

Color-'full' Baja Fish with Mango Salsa


Color is everywhere! Bright, Beautiful Color

Happy, Joyful Color
The Earth Sings in Flowers
It makes everybody Happy!
Warm, Sunshiny Color
Brilliant, Gorgeous Color
Yummy, Scrumptious Color
I want to fill myself with Color!

Don't you?

Baja Fish with Mango Salsa

Mango Salsa

2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
1 small jalapeno pepper, stem, seeds and membrane removed

Stir all ingredients together and set aside.

Baja Fish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees

1 lb cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt

Parchment paper

Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper. Stir together dry seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes. Open packets carefully to let steam escape.

Serve topped with Mango Salsa.

Colorful and Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. All of your colorful flowers are so beautiful. I noticed this morning my lilacs were blooming but I couldn't smell them for the pouring rain. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

    That mango salsa sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want some color, too...and since I was wondering what to cook for supper tonight, I think I've decided now! Thanks for the recipes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you S Q ! We are having rain here, too, I rushed out in between rain showers to enjoy them for a few minutes! Lilacs are heaven! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...