Monday, December 12, 2011

Holiday Bedroom Decor


The bedroom is a perfect place to add a festive touch for the Holidays. After all, we spend a third of our lives in this room, so why not extend the cheer?

For Winter I have added linens and checked shams in deep red to the gold raw-silk duvet cover from my Fall decorating. Everything else was borrowed from other areas of the house. The gold heavy linen throw pillows came from my living room (they have zip-off covers that can be thrown in the wash) and the green silk bolster with gold embroidery was borrowed from my kitchen day-bed. Mixing silks, satins, cotton and linen works when you want to add a little luster to Holiday Decorating.



I hung a small wreath from sheer gold ribbon in the window. Small gift boxes were added to the side tables and trunk at the foot of the bed.

Velvet topped sheer stockings with tiny gold bells hang from the bed posts, along with some pretty jeweled red purses. Look around to find color coordinated accessories you might already have!


I love to frame pretty holiday cards. Placing them here and there is a subtle way to decorate and adds a little note of surprise.
Here I have framed some cards with sparkly winter scenes and hung them in my little hallway.
Changing the slipcover on the chair and adding the gold bolster from the settee in the living room, coordinates the holiday hues. I like to find slipcovers on discount to change my look every season.
I added a sheer, beaded place mat found at an import store, to my vanity . Don't be afraid to think outside the box when looking for linens. Place mats, curtain panels, and pillow slips can be used in imaginative ways.


Even accessories can match the holiday mood. Here I have added hand-blown Egyptian perfume flasks in holiday colors. These I already had on hand as part of a larger collection.


A precious Holiday Sentiment is hung from the vanity mirror, a keepsake from a far away loved one. A lovely reminder while performing daily beauty rituals.


Another framed greeting, this one vintage, stands next to a small porcelain jewelry chest, a gift from my Dear Mother from a long ago Christmas past.

The bedroom is a perfect place to display sweet holiday mementos.


Decorating the Bedroom for the Holidays can be a personal expression of Heartfelt Holiday Memories and provide a personal and restful refuge from the hustle and bustle.

Wishing you Sweet Dreams while visions of Sugar Plums dance in your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...