Friday, April 22, 2011

My Day in the Garden


Today I worked all afternoon outside in the warm Spring sunshine. First of all, I have to tell you, I am not one of those dedicated gardeners who will go out in all kinds of weather and whose gardens look like something in a magazine. I am what you might call an 'opportunistic' gardener. Meaning, it has to be warm outside, I have to be in the mood, and I can't feel pressured. I like to go out and do whatever pleases me at the moment. But it seems to work for me. I am very layed back as far as weeds go, too.

 What is the saying, 'One man's weed is another man's flower?' Well, that is my motto. And you can change that to 'woman', thank you very much. This is an example of one 'weed'. It is a native 'Pink Current' bush. It started growing along the edge of my garden one year. The hummingbirds love it. It blooms before most things in the forest and stands out with it's bright pink blossoms. If the birds don't get to them first, there are white berries in the summer. It is a jewel in the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...