Friday, April 22, 2011

A Little Tour






I thought I would take you on a little tour of what my gardens and cottage look like from the outside.  We have cleared the property by hand mostly, retaining as many of the native plants as we can. We are very fortunate to live in an area of lovely wild flowers and native flowering trees, bushes and berries. As the year progresses, I will show you some of them. I 'garden' mostly in raised beds or pots, as my soil is very rocky and full of clay. Once we hired a tiller to come and plow out a vegetable garden. That was quite the adventure, as we ended up with more rocks than vegetables and what did grow, was quickly consumed by the wild things! I think I harvested a few tiny guourds! My dream is a greenhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are important to me and are very much appreciated. xx Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...